Sunday, July 10, 2011

Where does Hugh Grant fit in with UK tabloid scandal?

“You start to think I'm not proud of my country anymore. This is not the democracy I thought I was proud of.”
Hugh Grant

Admittedly, I very rarely publish any political post but when I came across this video related to the Murdock tabloid scandal I couldn't help but think 'what an unusual twist to an outragous story?'. I hope it will provide you with an out-of-the-ordinary Sunday morning lecture.

The last edition of the News of the World hit stands Sunday morning, as Britain's best-selling newspaper shuts down in the face of a scandal over illegal eavesdropping and bribery that has outraged Britain and rattled the foundation of the nation's political establishment.


News of the World, the world's top-selling English-language newspaper, is owned by News International, which also owns the Sun, the Times and the Sunday Times in Britain. Murdoch's News Corps media empire also encompasses Fox News, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Post and Harper Collins publishers.

Actor Hugh Grant, who has himself been the subject of intense tabloid attention, is now leading the charge for a public inquiry into “the whole culture of tabloid press” in the UK.

Following is an interview with CNN’s Richard Quest, a journalist who I personally think is brilliantly refreshing, dynamic and wacky in this modern, steril, perfect world of broadcasting.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...